The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Research Laboratory Functions
- Procures biospecimens from the operating room as provided by the surgeons. Works with pathology department to acquire tissue samples per protocols. Processes and stores human biospecimen samples, including separation of blood components, isolation of cells from human fluids, etc.
- Assists with the process human liquid biopsy samples for extraction of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), exosomes, or circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
- Maintains glioma cell lines using sterile technique. May extract protein lysates, DNA and RNA from cells.
- Maintains animal colonies, and is in charge of breeding and genotyping of mice as well as tumor implantation using surgical procedures, drug administration, imaging of mice for tumor growth kinetics, euthanasia of animals when moribund and necropsy of mice and process of tissues for histology and other applications.
- Assist in single cell studies of brain tumor immune biology.
Dataand Biospecimen Maintenance
- Maintenance and monitoring of all research data activities, and keeping record into the database.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date biospecimen inventory in hard copy and in our digital databases, with special emphasis in taking accurate, sample descriptions, time(s) and dates of all specimens received, processed and stored by/from all liquid biopsy members.
General Laboratory Maintenance & Supplies
- Help in maintenance of general lab equipment and lab supplies.
- Assumes shared responsibility for general laboratory maintenance by a) maintaining procedures and protocols that ensure the quality and integrity of procedures performed, b) monitoring work flow as it pertains to the need for supplies, equipment maintenance and preparation of stock solutions, c) keeping ample stock of supplies on hand, d) following up on orders to ensure organization and accessibility of all reagents.
Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences. No experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Day/Evening, Days, Evening/Night, Evenings, Nights, Varied, Weekends
US Dollar (USD) 30,400
US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 45,600