From a small town in Louisiana to a true global footprint, PacTec, Inc. is the leader in custom engineered packaging solutions for the industrial, construction, transportation and waste industries. We operate multiple sales, manufacturing and distribution locations across the world. An overview of our products may be found @ www.pactecinc.com.
Due to tremendous growth and expansion, PacTec, Inc. seeks a new Territory Sales Executive to cover the Northwestern USA: CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, & WY. This candidate must be a "road warrior" who has a proven, documented high-performing sales repertoire within the area industrial sector.
The basic function of the Territory Sales Executive is to identify, develop, sell to and manage relationships with existing customers while developing new customers through prospecting, prospect meetings, presentations, technical review of customer/prospect business applications and positioning of PacTec products and services. The Territory Sales Executive is responsible for overall revenue generation in an assigned territory. In addition to performing a Capture Manager role, the Territory Sales Executive will work closely with Customer Service Representatives and the National Sales Manager (Industrial Markets) to accomplish monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue objectives.
- The Territory Sales Executive is responsible for proactive and reactive customer management, including highly responsive service resolution, customer education on PacTec products, relationship development of both customers and prospects, and supporting customer retention and the continued development of an assigned territory.
- The Territory Sales Executive reports to the National Sales Manager (Industrial Markets) and has no direct reports.
- Ability to lead all sales and account planning, forecasting, pre-call & post-call trip reports, reporting, sales calls, prospecting, management efforts required to meet all territory annual revenue objectives
- Understands, assesses, and anticipates customers’ objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue sales opportunities
- Acquires new customers to maximize territory revenue. Must have a "hunter" mentality/behavior and sense of urgency.
- Works closely with Inside Sales and Customer Service representatives and corporate resource to enter orders, determine best product solutions, resolve customer issues, and ensure PacTec products are delivered according to our customer commitments.
- Possesses strong knowledge of the complex sales process and policies
- Brings core product specification knowledge, application, and value to the customer
- Understands all necessary market conditions for the assigned territory
- Must be able to accurately and professionally demo all core products to small and large groups including lunch and learns, trade shows, and factory tours
- Understands the basics of negotiating correct market value pricing for the assigned territory, and seeks advice from the National Sales Manager (Industrial Markets)
- Responsible for day to day and ongoing customer and prospect management including customer/prospect education on PacTec products, contracts management, and driving revenue throughout the assigned territory
- Close new contracts, generate revenue, relationship management, create and deliver customer presentations, gather analytics about customers and prospects within the assigned territory that enable efficient and effective revenue generation planning and forecasting
- Attends and participates in external customer presentations
- Participates in problem solving efforts to drive territory sales
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner to PacTec leadership and others within the Industrial sales team
- Enters contact history, call activity, and email events into PacTec’s CRM application
- Maintains accurate customer records that are available to members of the territory sales teams and PacTec leadership
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with diverse group of team members, customers, and prospects
- Provides timely reporting on territory activities and maintain an accurate, always up to date sales pipeline within PacTec’s CRM application
- Prepares sales reporting, leads regularly scheduled customer review meetings related to past and future purchasing objectives
- Works with overall Industrial Sales Team to meet or exceed Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual sales quota
- Must be able to travel via an automobile or airplane and spend time in all areas of the assigned territory which is likely to involve overnight stays approximately 50% of the time or more if business needs require
- This position does not have a required daily office location, but will report to PacTec’s corporate office in Clinton, LA. Some travel to home office may be required for training periods and/or meetings. 3-4 weeks of initial in-house training required in Clinton, LA.
Required – 3-5 years of high-performance outside sales experience in the Industrial market sector. Sales experience in the hazardous/non-hazardous waste transportation business is a plus. Proven experience in sales to an existing customer base, prospecting for new business, up-selling and closing.
Required - Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Required - Bachelor's Degree
SKILLS: Self-directed, highly organized, customer-focused, detail oriented, and competitive. 100% engaged individual contributor within a team environment able to negotiate, speak publicly, analyze problems and translate company goals into actions necessary to achieve the goals. Computer proficiency is a must, especially in Microsoft Office suite of applications, typing skills, and the use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
PHYSICAL: Includes sitting, standing, walking and use of hands and arms perform administrative duties and use a computer. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally. Ability to travel by airplane and automobile for extended periods of time.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must possess an in-depth knowledge of complex sales environment on a regional basis. Must be able to work under time and budgetary pressures.
Job Type: Full-time