LG Electronics U.S. (LGEUS)
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
HA R&D Organization is searching for a R&D Lab Technician I to support our new product development and testing goals, through the use of modern laboratory testing methodologies and equipment. Candidate will be working in the Appliance testing laboratory to provide quantitative analysis and results for new LG products. Candidate must have a creative mindset and must have an attitude to learn and think outside of the box.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New LG Home Appliance Product Development Support.
- Conduct standard performance tests on new LG Home Appliance Products
- Conduct Consumers Report Benchmark Testing
- Conduct standard reliability tests on new LG Home Appliance Products
- Support Engineers with data acquisition and evaluation
- Support wide range of equipment and acquisition system support and infrastructure improvements
- Communicate with engineers to provide quantitative results and opinion for issues and improvements
Performance Benchmarking of Competitor products.
- Perform Competitor Product Comparison and Support Engineers with data acquisition and evaluation
- Perform Consumer Report Benchmark Testing
- Perform Standard actual usage Benchmark testing on new Products
- Provide in-depth competitor product break down analysis, component analysis and performance numeric for improvement
Rudimentary Data Acquisition and Analysis.
- Perform Basic Data collection & evaluation
- Provide accurate and reproducible data
- Create performance reports based on quantitative results based on raw data collected from data acquisition systems
Real Usage Evaluation.
- Field testing and Real-Life Benchmarking
- Finding Critical Issues and Provide Technical Observation Report
- Visit actual customer and field tester homes to do on-site analysis and evaluation of new LG NPI products
High School (GED) / Associate Degree
No experience required
MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
Previous Experience in a Laboratory Environment
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.