- Construction Management
- Construction Experience
- Construction Estimating
- Auto Estimating
Provide overall administrative and technical management on earthwork, roadway and underground utility construction project sites from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor/control construction through communication with of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
Knowledge of construction, design, finance and management with a specific focus on earthwork, roadway and underground utility installation. Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
Education and Experience:
Four-year engineering/construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Minimum of five years construction management, estimating, and/or supervision experience in similar facility construction. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); contract agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)