The Construction Admin. provides administrative and clerical support to the project team for the day to day activities on the project including: administration of subcontracts and all associated construction compliances, documents, and documentation; electronic processing of subcontractor and vendor invoices and payroll; job site safety; office management; and initiates and executes project start-up and close-out. In addition, the Project Assistant must meet all deadlines and adhere to company's Policy & Procedures standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Coordinate job site office set up, office and phone equipment, office supplies and vendor's services.
- Responsible for promoting and coordinating sustainable practices with company's Sustainability department and project team.
- Copy, scan, upload files, prepare binders, set up new vendors, and subcontractors.
- Answer phones, greet visitors, order office and food supplies, maintain office and housekeeping of kitchen, mail area, conference room(s) and lobby.
- Distribute incoming mail/ packages and prepare outgoing packages; US Mail, GSO, Fed Ex, UPS, Plan/Drawings Services and couriers.
- Responsible for the Project Accounting process within specified time lines where Sr. Project Assistant or Project Accountant is not assigned to project:
- Review, prepare, and maintain subcontract files, Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, Change Orders, Preliminary Notices, Lien Waivers, and Certificates of Insurance.
- Work closely with Subcontractors to collect monthly progress billings and compliances
- Onsite, electronic processing of Subcontractor and Vendor invoices.
- Review, scan and upload all required construction compliances and documents
- Process new hire field and transfer employees and coordinate field lay off paperwork.
- Enter and verify field payroll for project field and salary each week.
- Promote safety during the performance of all daily project responsibilities.
- Ensure completion for all assigned training courses for employees and provide documentation for injured workers.
- Assist project team with project close out tasks including subcontractors and vendors close out, office de-mobilization and move out and archiving project documents, inclusive of all documentation required. and in accordance with company's Policy & Procedures.
- Other duties and tasks as requested by Project Manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Reader.
- Experience using Construction software (CMIC, JD Edwards, Prolog)
- Adept in learning new software quickly and able to navigate and use to review, track, and upload various documents.
- Minimum 2 year degree or related work experience equivalent.
- Three to five years experienced working in the construction industry.
- Three to five years in Accounts Payable: Vendor and Subcontractor invoice processing
- Previous experience in the public sector: Certified Payroll, Prevailing Wage (Davis Bacon Act) and ARRA.
- Understanding and familiar with Mechanics Lien Laws.