Kisling, Nestico & Redick is one of the largest personal injury law firms in Ohio. We are looking for a self-motivated team player to join our team. The Closing Paralegal Manager coordinates and oversees the operation of the Closing Paralegal Department including the direct supervision of non-exempt personnel. The Closing Paralegal Manager performs a broad range of administrative tasks of a confidential nature requiring initiative and judgment necessary for the operation of the Closing Paralegal Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Supervise and mentor paralegals and legal assistants
- Assign paralegals and legal assistants to teams
- Interview candidates for open positions; make hiring decisions
- Review weekly reports and monthly submissions
- Regular observance of case counts and facilitation of transfers
- Set quarterly goals and prepare agendas for quarterly meetings
- Conduct monthly meetings with teams
- Draft department reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Regular collaboration with attorneys
- Assist paralegals and legal assistants with goals by following up with medical providers
- Approve time off requests/ensure adequate staffing
- Submit weekly timecard approvals
- Complete and conduct Annual Performance Evaluations
- Reconcile credit card expense report
- Regular travel, including overnight travel, to staffed locations
- Evening and weekend work as job demands require
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar field
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Notary Public
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while maintaining organization
- Must be highly proficient in Outlook and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
KNR offers competitive compensation, health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, paid time off, flextime, and a 401k with company match.
Kisling, Nestico & Redick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.