1. Identifies and discriminates between physical and psycho-social signs and symptoms. Selects and performs those therapeutic measures which are essential for effective execution of the nursing regimen for assigned patients/clients.
2. Develops, implements and continuously evaluates the nursing regimen for assigned patients/clients.
3. Records and maintains nursing care plans and progress notes on patients/clients to ensure continuity of care.
4. Interprets and reports responses of patients/clients to appropriate members of the health team.
5. Participates with interdisciplinary health team members to plan a comprehensive patient care program.
6. Determines and assigns those components of the nursing regimen which may be carried out by allied nursing personnel.
7. Provides teaching, guidance and direction to allied nursing personnel in rendering patient care.
8. Participates in defining, implementing, maintaining and interpreting standards of nursing practice.
9. Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary conferences pertaining to policies and procedures affecting nursing practice.
10. Participates in determining conditions, resources and policies essential to the delivery of nursing care services.
11. Participates in development and maintenance of a system of evaluation of nursing care, practices and procedures, including evaluation of nursing personnel.
12. Interprets philosophy and objectives of agency and Nursing Department to patients/clients, families and other groups.
13. Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
14. Performs other professional nursing activities as delegated by nursing service administration.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of pressure injury staging utilizing the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP) guidelines.
16. Serves as a resource for best practices in wound healing to clinical teams including nursing, medical and nutritional team.
17. Follows hospital pressure injury protocol for identification, management and treatment of pressure injuries.
18. Demonstrates knowledge of basic principles of wound healing and management.