"Company will be relocating to Hayward, CA the end of October 2019, must be willing to commute."
Responsible for coordinating the receipt of inbound cargo, the release of outbound cargo under the requirements assigned by the Manager or Supervisor in an efficient and organized manner. To ensure all cargo is received in conformance with NNR and all customer requirements and all cargo is shipped in conformance.
Duties & Functions
- Receive and check-in all in-bound cargo per required schedule including storage and handling under TSA regulations and comply with customer requirements.
- Release and load all out-bound cargo per required schedule and comply with customer requirements.
- Label outbound cargo (if applicable) House and/or Master Labels after verification against documentation for correctness.
- Prepare all cargo to ensure shipment integrity: Re-palletizing, shrink-wrapping, banding, application of handling labels, etc. as per customer requirements.
- Ensure all Hazardous Materials are received, stored and handled properly per IATA, DOT, IMDG & TSA regulations.
- Building of pallets and ULD’s including Main Deck Pallets as required by Operations Supervisor/Operations Manager/Export Manager if applicable.
- Responsible for devanning and loading sea freight containers.
- Maintain client inventory, on hand notices and handle pick & pack as determined by 3PL customer requirements.
- Ensuring the maintenance of Warehouse Equipment is done as scheduled, request repairs as necessary and maintain warehouse supplies inventory.
- Assist with customer service correspondence, faxes, etc.
- Contact customers who have not shipped regularly to determine shipping status.
- Provide customers with inbound/outbound transaction information.
- Contact customers following sales and activities to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Work as a team with other employees.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum requirement High School diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience preferred in International and domestic freight forwarding operations
- Forklift safety certification.
- Knowledge of TSA/C-TPAT regulations and practices including security.
- Certified to handle Dangerous Goods when receiving, storing, handling, or releasing freight.Physical requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium/Heavy work - Exerting up to 65 pounds of force occasionally, frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
$17.00 - $18.00 an hour. Pay range dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Required)
- Shipping And Receiving: 2 years (Required)
- freight forwarding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Forklift experience
- Computer literacy
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Pallet jack
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture