Position Description & Summary
The Event Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Hospitality in the organization and coordination of events and vacations rentals for the Emil Bach House and Lang House Chicago properties in the Roger’s Park neighborhood. The Event Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting in growing business for the properties by developing leads, participating in marketing, and identifying opportunities to increase revenue for the properties.
Essential Position Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and event coordination experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in event coordination, planning, business development, and sales
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with others as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work varied hours as required; must have availability on nights and weekends
Assigned Responsibilities and Duties
- Grow private events business for historic homes. Develop leads, participate in marketing, and identify opportunities for increasing exposure of venues. Attend bridal and event expos; work with Choose Chicago and other tourism organizations to ensure leads; advise Directors of Hospitality and Marketing on ad buys and sponsorships that will elevate the venues.
- Work closely with BDA, Director of Hospitality, and marketing team to position EBH and LH firmly in the marketplace, and to explore opportunities for increased lead generation.
- Schedule tours of both venues; work closely with BDA on tour schedule so that clients are scheduled for tours promptly and ample time is given to tours and follow-up.
- Work closely with BDA on closing contracts
- Work closely with TAWANI Business Development Associate in the finalization of contracts.
- Coordinate the full event life cycle from sale through event and post-event follow up.
- High level of client interaction is expected as events are customized and service to our clients is expected to be one of the characteristics that sets EBH and LH apart from competitors.
- Responsible for all client interaction from point of sale, throughout event, and including follow-up thank you notes and inclusion of client in database for future communications and special promotions. Expectation that EBH and LH will be represented professionally and that focus of event coordinator is the client; tone of the event coordinator is positive at all times with an eye to problem solving by working with TPM and Hospitality team to bring all resources to the execution of successful and memorable events.
- Responsible for managing all vendors and logistics prior to and during all events. Vendors to include (but not limited to) caterers, photographers, florists, bakeries, DJs, etc. Must be present for load-in and clean up or must assign staff appropriately; responsible to develop support staff and security schedules well in advance so that events are properly staff and run smoothly. Works closely with Hospitality Office Manager to schedule support staff and process invoices and time reports.
- Works closely with Hospitality Office Manager to schedule housekeeping as needed between events; to manage vendor contracts as needed including recommending changes to Preferred Caterer contracts; and to develop supply and resource lists and identify budget needs for submittal to Office Manager.
- Responsible for photos day of event to add to website and social media; including acquiring written photo permissions from guests where appropriate. Photography can be delegated to Hospitality staff; Event Coordinator is responsible to ensure that all events result in photos usable for marketing purposes; and that photos are sent to Office Manager and Marketing team in the appropriate format.
- Works closely with Office Manager to market, expand and advertise new retail line of merchandise associated with event rentals and vacation rental guests.
- Works closely with Office Manager to create visual displays for expos and marketing events; propose and create add-ons for events for additional revenue including (but not limited to): wedding coordinator; spa packages; party favors and décor; hospitality bags for guests; welcome baskets and wedding party “platters”. Works with Office Manager to establish budget for purchase of items, setting of retail price, and tracking of revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Contract
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction