This position is located in Kerrville, TX, and relocation assistance is offered
New grads welcome! We offer an exceptional nurse residency program.
The RN is responsible for assessing the needs of each patient on the unit and planning the nursing care needed to meet those needs, including spiritual, emotional, physiological, and psychosocial needs.
Once planned, the RN is responsible to see that the plan of care is carried out through performance and/or leadership of subordinate personnel.
After the plan is implemented and the care provided the patients’ response is evaluated both verbally and in writing.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Patient Care assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Must communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and ability to perform skills necessary for unit specific competencies, to include age-specific competencies.
- Advanced competencies as defined by demonstrated participation in formal Continuing Nursing Education activities.
- Unrestricted Texas license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support Preferred
- ACLS and PALS Required Experience
- Eligibility to participate in a new RN Preceptorship program
- Preferred Experience: Six to Twelve months of experience as an RN in an inpatient medical-surgical setting.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Leave Insurance Program (SLIP) – Serves as a companion benefit to PTO allowing employees paid leave due to extended illness.
- Medical Coverage – You have a choice of medical insurance plans so you can select the one that works best for you and your family.
- Dental Coverage – As with your medical coverage, you have a choice of dental plans to meet the specific needs for you and your family.
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k) Plan enables you to save for retirement on a pre-tax basis. Your contributions are matched by Peterson at 50%, up to your first four percent of contribution.
- Wellness Program – Earn up to $600 for active participation in the Peterson “Wellness Revolution”.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Peterson Health supports your professional development, career progression, and learning by reimbursing costs of tuition and fees for eligible coursework.
- Education – You are given plenty of opportunities to advance your skill sets, knowledge and career through participation in ongoing education and development that includes classroom learning (on- and off-site), preparation for professional certifications, online learning options and more.
- Family & Wellness – Peterson Health provides an Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential personal, legal and financial counseling services for you and your family.
- Consumer Discounts – You can save money on a variety of products and services
Indeed Hire and Peterson Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- ACLS and PALS (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- BSL (Required)
- Atlanta, GA: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)