“Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is currently seeking a Cybersecurity SoC Tier II Analyst to provide onsite and offsite support in Reston, VA or Wash DC. Duties will include:
- Monitor network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis to identify security incidents.
- Respond to computer security incidents by collecting, analyzing, preserving digital evidence and ensure that incidents are recorded and tracked in accordance with SOC requirements.
- Work closely with the other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving our security posture.
- The ability to take lead on incident research when appropriate and be able to mentor junior analysts.
- Write executive level summaries describing incidents and brief Government and Contractor Management.
- Work with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to document, enrich, automate, and report based of established SOC procedures.
- Proficiency in writing professional and clear email communications which represent the SOC to clients across the Program.Working knowledge of any of the following tools is required: McAfee ePO, RSA Security Analytics|Archer, Wireshark, Splunk or other information security tools
- Conduct research on emerging security threats.
- Provides correlation and trending of Program’s cyber incident activity.
- Develops threat trend analysis reports and metrics.
- Supports SOC analysis, handling and response activity.
- Maintains situational awareness reports for advanced threats such as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Focused Operations (FO) incidents.
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation when needed. Regularly review, revise, and improve existing documentation through collaboration with Documentation Specialists.
- Take ownership of multiple projects at a time and move them forward without neglecting any single one. Roadblocks to success are identified ,documented, communicated, and worked with available resources to overcome.
Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus four (4) to seven (7) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- Minimum of 4 years of IT with at least 3 years of information security operations center or incident response experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Must have at least one (1) certification in the field of information security from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include, but not limited to: GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, Security +, CEH, CISSP, CCNA (Security) or equivalent Certifications.
- Candidate must be willing to work an 8:30 to 5 PM shift on site, Mon – Fri.
- Minimum 3 years in an Incident Responder/Handler role and a minimum of 5 years in related Information Technology Security fields.
- Deep packet and log analysis
- Forensic and Malware Analysis experiences
- Cyber Threat and Intelligence gathering and analysis
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectivelycommunicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.