Oversees the operation of Hoosier Energy’s LAN and WAN infrastructure, including voice, video and wireless networking. Assists Hoosier Energy’s System Control and Communications departments by maintaining critical network systems. Coaches and develops Network Engineers and other staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures, maintains and optimizes LAN and WAN infrastructure including routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, voice and video telecommunications systems, security devices and other associated devices.
- Manages video conferencing, voice and wireless infrastructure.
- Monitors critical system redundancy and security for disaster preparedness.
- Manages data center network infrastructure, assists with storage and virtualization.
- Maintains accurate documentation.
- Monitors contractors and consultants on a per-project basis.
- Maintains technical knowledge and stays abreast of state-of-the-art communications and network devices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable compliance requirements, including NERC CIP.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Computer Science, Telecommunications of related field
- Cisco Professional Level Certifications – CCNP or CCDP
- 5–7 years’ progressive experience in a data network environment, including in-depth knowledge of multiple IP routing protocols and voice/video communications.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude and ability to motivate others
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems at hand
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer orientation
Please apply online at www.hoosierenergy.com
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,196.00 to $112,100.00 /year