Full Service Network is a fast growing telephone and Internet provider headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since 1989.
We are seeking a hardworking Systems Administrator to work in our Downtown Pittsburgh, U.S. Steel Tower location at 600 Grant Street. They will be responsible for personally deploying, troubleshooting, repairing, and continuously improving FSN's internal environment which includes hypervisors and multiple servers, and associated complicated infrastructure. An ideal candidate will have the willingness & accountability to take complete ownership of servers, VM’s and topology related problems.
FSN offers UPMC Health Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Life Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance.
FSN strongly believes in encouraging our employees to save for retirement by offering a 401(k) savings plan and offering a company match with immediate vesting. Your 401k contribution are matched by the Company at 100% up to where your contributions exceed 10% of your annual salary and even then you may continue to contribute up to the IRS limits.
The position’s main duties will be to:
- Maintain up-time of critical server systems
- Spin up and manage virtual instances
- Resolve complex break/fix scenarios, engage Network Engineer and management as necessary, partner with programmers and office staff to achieve continuous improvement.
- Ensure databases, applications, hardware, and other related resources are properly maintained.
- Provide subject matter expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups.
- Update software to ensure proper system performance
- Provide clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during outage scenarios
- Perform a wide variety of misc IT duties according to company needs
- Some routing, firewall / ACL configuration work in Cisco IOS and Juniper Junos
- Backup coverage for Network Engineer and NOC Technicians during vacations and absences etc
- Some out-of-hour engagement necessary for emergencies, unexpected outages, and planned network upgrades
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering, Telecommunications, etc. or 7 continuous years of Commercial Systems Administration experience
Required Prior Employment:
- 5 years of detailed hands-on troubleshooting of LANs, servers, and hypervisors.
Direct Personal Experience Configuring and Advanced Troubleshooting:
- Expert in Unix-like server systems (example: Ubuntu, Linux, FreeBSD, etc) Including creating and modifying scripts in a variety of languages (PHP,BASH, etc)
- Extensive Hypervisor Experience examples Xen, or VMWare etc.
- Experience Building and maintaining computers and servers including blade servers and SANs
- Experience managing 3rd party hosted servers
- SQL and/or MySql
General Work Requirements:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to details
- An eager willingness to take on tasks and learn new technologies according to company needs.
- Ability to assume multiple roles as needed and adapt to new situations
- Work well with limited supervision and direction while executing functions and responsibilities.
- Follows operational practices and independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills and a customer-centric attitude.
- Ability to communicate to executive level in a clear and concise manner
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends on emergency, variable schedule when needed for network maintenance
- Ability to review technical changes for technical accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines
- Ability to provide technical training regarding any of the above mentioned abilities.
FSN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- troubleshooting of LANs, servers, and hypervisors: 5 years (Required)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Preferred)