The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), was created by and for members and operates as a member-owned 501(c)(6), not-for profit entity. FS-ISAC serves as a bi-directional information and intelligence organization leading the financial services sector efforts to protect against and mitigate as needed cyber and physical threats and incidents against financial firms.
The Controller is responsible for the general accounting operations of the company and leading the financial reporting, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and expense reimbursement processes of the company. You will ensure the company maintains an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The position will report to the CFO and be a key member of the finance leadership team.
- Prepare internal and board consolidated financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage the close process to ensure financial statements are accurately reported in coordination with company policy and GAAP.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing, customer credit and collections, payroll, fixed
assets, prepaids, accruals, allocations, general entity accounting
- Develop and maintain global processes, policies, and procedures to ensure conformance with GAAP and other statutory reporting requirements
- Design and implement scalable internal controls that improve the efficiency of the accounting and finance organization and the flow of quality financial actionable
information within the company
- Lead the accounting team through successful audits with external auditors, including preparation of accounting memos
- Support tax preparation and reporting with outside tax partner
- Impeccable communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience with Intacct, NetSuite or equivalent, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Driven and self-motivated to perform at the highest level in a start-up environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting, including revenue recognition, acquisition accounting, capitalized software
Education and Experience
Amount of Travel Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role.
This position is located in Reston, VA. Regardless of work location, the position requires a professional work environment and candidate must be able to meet the physical demands associated with the professional environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FS-ISAC has reviewed this position description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.