Candidates will play a key role in our global software team that works on architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of software modules in various embedded and real-time systems including mobile devices, IoT devices, automotive components and other systems.
Our team is working on design, development and maintenance of next-generation automotive infotainment systems based on Android and looking for experienced engineers with extensive software development background in Android-based systems.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and integrate various software components and modules for an Android-based infotainment system platform.
- Enhance, customize and optimize Android framework for automotive infotainment system architecture
- Work on the entire software lifecycle of various infotainment domains like security, software update, audio, connectivity, etc. from system requirements, design, development, deployment, and maintenance
- Work in an Agile-based test driven software development environment and collaborate with team members to ensure delivery of high quality software on schedule.
- Participate in feature requirements, software design, code, test plan reviews and other relevant software development activities
- Participate in test case design reviews and conceive bug prevention proposals
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Minimum three years of professional experience in software development in related areas
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in design and development of software on Android at the framework layer
- Software development experience in Linux based platforms,
- Experience in design and development of object oriented software
- Experience with Android development environment, toolkit and processes
- Experience working with Agile software development process
- Experience with various software configuration, build, test and debug tools like - Git, Gerrit, OpenGrok, Jenkins, JIRA, Eclipse, etc.
- Test driven development experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills needed - including technical writing skills, effective communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with global teams and communication skills to work in a geographically and culturally diverse team is desired
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics or navigation systems a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Android framework software development: 1 year (Required)
- Professional Software Development: 3 years (Required)