A leading manufacturer of nylon 6 resins and films, which are used to make products important to everyday life – from automotive parts, carpeting, and food packaging to wire and cable, building materials and sports apparel
Fully integrated into many important building blocks of chemistry, including caprolactam, ammonium sulfate fertilizer, and many other chemical intermediates used to make products that make our world go round.
PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Responsible for project accounting & providing guidance and analytical assistance to the engineering department and plant management to assure expenditures are controlled within scope of distribution. Ability to review project packages and drawings to understand scope of capital projects and identify deficiencies or questions.
- Project cost control – use cost tracking tools (SAP) to track & compare project authorizations with project commitments & estimates. Advise respective project engineer and engineering management of cost trends and analysis. Work directly with project managers to provide financial reports and analysis of committed costs, expenditures and To-Go estimates as required. Verify all cost commitments are properly prepared and coded. May review scopes and estimates prepared by third parties, or contractor quotes and contracts for extra work/change order pricing validation.
- Capital Planning – Maintain the capital forecast database for major and minor projects. Ensure that responsible engineers are updating their projects correctly, completely, and on time. Maintains historical capital expenditure information.
- Procedures – maintain project controls procedures at the local level and participate in updates at the SBU level. Drive project controls and ensures department’s adherence to Advansix accounting policies and standards of internal control.
- New Projects – participates in the project planning process by helping to define project cost and work breakdown structures. Assign new project numbers, input into SAP and database(s), and ensure consistency with work breakdown structures and settlement rules.
- Design and construction orders – May review scopes and estimates prepared by third parties, or contractor quotes and contracts for extra work/change order pricing validation.
- Fixed Assets – Coordinate changes to the plant Fixed Asset Register. Assure assets are properly identified, and capitalization of construction in progress (CIP) balances, including partial capitalization for eligible projects, is timely.
- Metrics – Coordinate data collection and reporting for monthly and quarterly department metrics.
- Anticipated travel – 10%
- BS degree engineering or construction management
- Understanding of engineering & construction cost control principles and accounting methods.
- Conceptually understand project execution and the sequence of events necessary to complete a project.
- Must have initiative, self-organization and ability to tactfully deal with peers and superiors.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills in order to support multiple projects simultaneously at different stages.
- Professional demeanor and attitude, with ability to provide timely and effective communication.
- Ability to learn site specific unit operations and site specific construction strategies.
- Possesses strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate to all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, handle multiple/varied assignments and to manage conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Manages by fact, able to work under pressure, committed to meeting project deadlines.
- Previous Experience in Engineering, Construction, or Construction Management.