Come be exceptional with us! At The Cromeens Law Firm work meets fun, our team members and our clients come first, and your career growth is limitless!
If you are 2-3 years out of law school and are looking for the right fit where you can gain real hands on experience while having a great work/life balance, look no further! We are looking to hire a Spanish speaking associate to help us in our mission to provide an outstanding client experience and exceed our client’s needs. We believe in getting to know each client personally and providing free information and education to those in need. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a truly cohesive small team of excellent lawyers and a strong support staff. You will be taking depositions, attending hearings, preparing motions, strategizing with the founding partner, and doing “real” lawyer work from day 1, no grunt work here.
This is an opportunity to enter and become an integral contributor to a growing and successful practice, who recognizes and rewards performance with a strong bonus structure. The firm atmosphere embraces diverse, independently-minded, innovative, and driven attorneys. Because of our family culture that is incredibly welcoming and rewarding, walking into the office each day feels more like home than work. If you want to learn how to be a real lawyer by doing real lawyer work, then apply today!
This role provides a competitive compensation structure with great benefits & perks.
- Great Work/Life Balance & Flexible Schedule
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company-Sponsored Health and Wellness Activities
- Opportunities to give back to the community while at work
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Monthly paid lunches
- Fun happy hours and annual events such as crawfish boil & Christmas party.
Associate Attorney Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Legal research and drafting discovery requests/responses
- Drafting pre-trial motions, pleadings and legal correspondence as needed.
- Occasional travel to courts in Harris County and surrounding areas.
- Correspondence with clients and opposing parties.
Associate Attorney Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and Texas Rules of Evidence.
- Appellate Experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently research legal topics, including statutory construction and legislative history, using WestlawNext.
- Proficiency in The Bluebook citation format.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong legal and work ethics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule