Sea Haven is a non-profit corporation founded in 1980. It operates a Basic Housing Center for children 13-17 years old, a Transitional Living Program to promote self-sufficient living and prevention of long-term dependency on social services, and a Street Outreach program to assist homeless youth.
The Executive Director, as directed by the Board, is responsible for the overall management and administration of all Sea Haven programs. The Executive Director is in charge of major fundraising efforts, the budgetary process, public relations activities, the human resource functions and volunteer services. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing the mission and policy as set by the Sea Haven Board of Directors. Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors for the stewardship of the organization’s mission and integrity of its goals.
- Works closely with the Board President, keeping him/her advised of all aspects of the organization’s operations.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board attends and contributes to meetings of the Board of Directors and Committee Meetings as requested or directed.
- Prepares annual budgets and assures the organization is compliant with all government and grant requirements
- Carries out such other duties and responsibilities as the Board of Directors, through the President, may designate from time to time.
- Pursues partnerships and relationships between service providers, area nonprofits and organizations that assist youth, and funding streams that leverage investment dollars.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in nonprofits
- Experience in fundraising activities, donor solicitations, and organizational stewardship
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors.
- Five years in operations management, preferably in the nonprofit sector or social service
- Strong leadership ability and staff management experience of at least three years.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Must excel as a positive leader in a teamwork environment.
- Flexible hours
Job: Full-time Immediate Opening
- Salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Bonus Eligible
Submit your cover letter and resume, along with salary history to:
Board of Directors –
Attention: Dean DeMattio, President
P O Box 600
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29597
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Youth and Family Services: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required