Cyber Security Engineer - (00053547)
As a member of MITRE’s Cyber Operations Department, help enable our customer to improve cyber security practices and designs for the DoD community.
Develop technologies, tools, architectures, and processes for innovative Cyber Security solutions that our customer can test, demonstrate and eventually move into operational environments. Contribute to cyber security research to ensure the defensibility of the nation’s systems and networks including improving the detection of the adversary through a thorough understanding of its tradecraft and intentions. Employees will be encouraged to be innovative in their solutions and offer opportunities to develop new research proposals to further explore the domain.
- BS Degree; TS/SCI with Polygraph; and 2-5+ years' experience.
- Programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python or other scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of advanced cyber threats and adversary methodologies.
- Experience with Big Data and development of analytics is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate IT environments and identify security goals, vulnerabilities, objectives, and requirements.
- Interest in the application of technology to problem-solving.
- Familiarity with security-relevant data including TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, and DNS), and security-relevant host and network logs.
- Ability to work and lead by example in a highly collaborative environment with peers and senior government officials.
- Experience working in support of a cyber-security operations center.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is preferred, but not required.
United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Ft. Meade, Maryland 20701
This requisition requires a clearance of:
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jun 26, 2019, 6:24:49 AM