You are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here!
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you’ll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center. Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of RWJBarnabas Health, has been honored time and again—for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization
Among our many accolades, we have been designated 8 times the only A-Rated for Safety Hospital, awarded Magnet Recognition for superior nursing, named Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report and ranked among the 100 best places to work in healthcare (nationally). Jersey City Medical Center is also ideally located— in the vibrant Jersey City waterfront community overlooking the harbor, just 10 minutes from New York City, with a grand view of the Statue of Liberty.
- Responsible for the overall and day-to-day operations of the Specialty Care
Transport Unit (SCTU).
- Coordinates input from upper level management to insure operational
objectives are met.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures and protocols directly
related to the Specialty Care transport service line.
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of all Barnabas health
and JCMC EMS policies, procedures and protocols by Specialty Care staff.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the concepts and requirements
necessary for providing specialty care transport services.
- Serves as the liaison between SCTU personnel and upper level
management. Position requires constant monitoring and investigation of
problems related to SCTU services.
- Responsible for the daily delivery of SCTU services as it pertains to the level of
quality required by Barnabas Health JCMC EMS. Reviews daily operations
and submits operations reports to the Assistant Director of EMS for review
- Assist in the formulation of all operational and clinical policies pertaining to the
provision of SCTU services. Directly implements and enforces all SCTU
- Acknowledge and comply with budget constraints of the service. Insuring cost
efficient, productive service relative to budgetary controls
- Accountable for training and monitoring of SCTU personnel
- Performance of other duties related to the SCTU as deemed necessary by
upper level management
- Must be a registered Nurse with at least two years of critical care experience
and who has demonstrated by education or experience the ability to manage
health care organizations
- BSN Required
- Possesses valid certification as either a critical care registered nurse and/or a
certified emergency nurse
- Certification in CPR and ACLS;
- Certification in PALS or has successfully completed the Emergency Nurse
Pediatric Course to the standards of the Emergency Nurses Association
- Excellent oral communications skills, including listening and questioning
- Thorough working knowledge of Specialty Care transport skills
- The ability to give clear, concise verbal directions by email, phone or radio.
- Courteous and tactful social skills
RWJBarnabas Health offers excellent-provided benefits which include: competitive compensation, comprehensive medical/dental benefits, 403 (B) savings plan, Flexible Spending Plans, PTO program, tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity