Forensic Staff Accountant - Los Angeles, CA
Meaden & Moore is a leading CPA and business consulting firm committed to providing unparalleled professional services for our clients, rewarding careers for our staff, and diligent service to our communities. Since 1919, we have focused our expertise and resources on providing superior forensic, accounting, tax, and consulting services to a wide array of clients in all industries. Through careful examination of the issues affecting business success, our CPAs, CFEs, CFFs, advisors, and auditors develop strategies and solutions to help our clients thrive in today’s global economy.
OPPORTUNITY & QUALIFICATIONS
Our Los Angeles office is devoted exclusively to forensic accounting and litigation support services. We are currently seeking an individual to work within our Investigative Accounting Group as a Staff Accountant.
The majority of our engagements involve working with commercial property insurers to evaluate physical damage and time element losses suffered by businesses as a result of catastrophic events. Projects may include reviewing and analyzing historical financial and industry information, revenue and expense projections, insurance claim evaluations, economic damage evaluations, fraud and fidelity, and forensic examinations. Assignments provide exposure to a wide range of industries from small local retail stores to multinational entities. In addition, we provide expertise to insurers and attorneys across a vast array of areas including fraud services, litigation support, dispute resolution, and catastrophic response.
As a contributing member of the Forensic / Investigative Accounting Group, the selected candidate will:
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- Be driven by what they are going to do, learn, and become
- Have the desire to be challenged because they want to be excellent
- Have reached a point in their life and career to understand the correlation between hard work / professional success and the ability to achieve personal goals
- Have consistency in their discipline and join in the “we” over “I” focus of the collaborative environment within the Investigative Accounting Group
- Be naturally outgoing, self-motivated, and possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or advanced degree
- Have an active CPA license or be actively pursuing the license
- Be intermediate-to-advanced in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Travel overnight, as needed
Meaden & Moore provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to a unique incentive program that rewards the development of our employees. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes your choice of medical programs, generous PTO, 401k, and various bonus opportunities.