Under general supervision, the Resident Worker or Residence Aide is responsible for providing general services and support to clients within a shelter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all policies and procedures developed by DHS.
- Participates in any required training and pass certification including CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Assists in carrying out any activities as indicated on the resident's ILP.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures, and maintains professional relationships with other disciplines, clients, and community supports.
- Trains in working with those who have mental health issues, addictions and substance use/abuse and strategies
- Supports clients including register, check-in, monitor, assess behavior and overall well-being.
- Advocates for clients’ needs, making referrals to and collaborating with appropriate resources and community organizations.
- Works with clients to build planning and life skills.
- Monitor clients’ progress and well-being.
- Assists team in identifying potential challenges and provides input to others.
- Understands and keeps in mind systemic issues that affect low income and marginalized people.
- Engages clients including documenting background information and history.
- Orients new arrivals to shelter protocols and policies.
- Observes clients in day-to-day routines: maintains informal contact and develops informal opportunities to assist when needed
- Assists with life and problem solving skills and support.
- Assists with bagging and tagging of client property.
- Ensures or assists in meal preparation
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience working with at-risk people who have complex needs in a similar working environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively analyze situations quickly and apply sound judgment
- Ability to work and build rapport with others
- Knowledge of community resources
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (knowledge of Windows based environment preferred)
- Fire safety/guard training is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Flexibility and patience are required.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Flexibility to assist at another Shelter or Annex as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent