TrinityRail is seeking a Director, Environmental Waste and Water
, based in our headquarters based in Dallas, Texas
. This position will lead all aspects of environmental project management, including client management and business development. This position will report to the Vice President, Operations for TrinityRail Maintenance Services and is a critical leadership role within a growing business unit.
What you'll be doing:
What you'll need:
- Prepare detailed proposals and cost estimates for existing and new client contracts.
- Provide managerial support for environmental staff including mentorship for more junior staff.
- Manage environmental permitting, regulatory strategy development and environmental field surveys.
- Manage environmental survey subcontractors and environmental firms assigned to project phases.
- Develop and maintain environmental policy and procedures manuals for compliance assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Manage the permitting of projects including agency negotiations, ESA consultation, NHPA coordination, CWA permitting, etc.
- Manage subcontractors conducting wetland delineations, biological surveys and other specialized tasks.
- Ensure overall performance and accuracy of documents prepared for environmental services in accordance with National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) guidelines as applicable.
- Oversee the preparation of biological assessments, environmental reports, and other documents
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Geology or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience specific to managing the permitting, environmental consulting or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for oil and/or gas pipelines.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Applicants should have references specific to their management experience related to permitting and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for oil and gas projects.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory associations including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and acceptable techniques of business development and managing client relationships.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation related to the environmental projects and the energy services industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.