The QA Analyst will provide quality assurance services to the team, including creating test plans, developing testcases, supervising test automation, managing regression, tracking defects and monitoring their resolution. The division serves as a platform for a wide array of business users, some of whom follow a mature process of requirement gathering, others of whom work in tandem with developers, specifying requirements as solutions are being built.
The QA consultant must be adept both at traditional QA best practices – analyzing business requirements and creating test plans for their verification – and at agile methodology – working closely with users and developers to create testcases as new functionality emerges. In support of both approaches, the Consultant will manage an offshore team consisting of manual and automated testers, who will assist in testcase development and automation, and the assimilation of new functionality testing, whether structured or agile, into the team's extensive regression suite.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Quality Assurance position in the financial industry, preferably in support of workflow and “middle office” management systems.
- The candidate must have experience in structured testing methodology, with a proven ability to breakdown business requirements into functional components.
- The candidate must also be strong in documenting test plans and test scripts to verify application functionality.
- The candidate should also have some familiarity with “agile” development technique, and a demonstrable ability to create testing solutions on the fly.
- The candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and client interaction skills as they will be required to work closely with developers, business analysts and a diverse group of users to develop test strategies and to help evolve the QA approach into a more structured discipline.
- Familiarity with the concepts and application of automated test tool technologies (e.g., Microfocus UFT & SmartBear Test Complete), in order to effectively contribute to planning automated testing strategies.
- Solid Microsoft Office suite skills, including Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project, and OneNote.
- Experience with relational database technology (e.g., Sybase, SQL Server) and SQL queries.
- Knowledge of financial account management precepts and workflow is vital, especially in the areas of cashflow, custodianship, compliance, required minimum distributions, corporate actions, and financial associate structures. Skills:
- Familiarity with workflow, cash management, and financial event processing applications.
- Experience with leading large-scale testing projects and supervising onshore and offshore testing staff.
- Experienced project leader with ability to formulate testing strategies with limited availability of documentation or support.
- Experience working with the HP ALM/Quality Center test repository toolset for test management and defect tracking modules.
- Experience working with the JIRA release management and issue tracking toolAbility to communicate issues to developers by both formal (issue tacking) and informal (email/text) means.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries and work with developers where more complex ones are necessary.
- Ability to create algorithms for test automation
- Prior supervisory responsibility over a small team is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent
We look forward to reviewing your profile.
Talent Team @ SIAL TP
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $50.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- SmartBear Test: 5 years (Required)
- Sybase: 5 years (Required)
- Microfocus UFT: 5 years (Required)
- JIRA: 5 years (Required)
- QA: 5 years (Required)
- HP ALM/Quality Center: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- SQL Server: 5 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: