Thorntree Country Club is looking for an experienced Membership Director.
Opened in 1984 and designed by the Mai Family. Thorntree is located in the rolling hills of Desoto Tx. Our challenging course has been home to US Open and Byron Nelson Qualifiers in the past. Thorntree C.C. now lives on as a formidable test in golf for the established family community of Desoto and the surrounding DFW area. The club offers a distinct a personalized private club experience for our members and we are rich in tradition, focused on serving our member families.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Membership Director is responsible for maximizing membership recruitment through the successful formation and execution of a strategic sales and marketing effort, as well as through the development and maintenance of relationships with existing members, stakeholders, competitors, local community leaders and other various sales prospects. The ideal candidate should have an established track record of success and comfortable utilizing professional sales and marketing skills to perform sales calls, generate qualified leads, execute marketing campaigns, and actively develop and participate in outbound sales activities and networking events to create brand awareness within the community on behalf of the club.
This individual should also possess an in-depth understanding of the area market dynamics, specifically as it relates to private club membership recruitment.
Responsible for enrolling new members into the club at the minimum performance rate of achieving the club's membership sales plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Meet or exceed annual membership sales plan per budget requirements by following sales best practices.
- Responsible for the development and execution of club prospecting/marketing plan targeting all membership market segments (Family, Junior Executive, Corporate, Tennis, Fitness, Social) quarterly and annually. Follow up, measure, and execute. Make changes as necessary.
- Networking inside and outside the club to obtain leads and build relationships with prospects, new and existing members.
- Maintain and keeps all records concerning membership including member database, matriculation, attrition, annual net dues, new dues added, initiation fees, forecasting, etc.
- Manage all sales activity, utilizing the company's CRM system. Keep it updated.
- Implements all processes, programs and procedures relating to prospective members, membership applications, new member orientation program and club tours.
- Conduct bi-annual competitive marketing analysis for development of strategies for attracting new members to the club.
- Implement and support all company initiatives and programs as requested by management.
- Follows policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to club level teams.
- Attend all staff meetings and general employee meetings as established by the General Manager. Work closely with the entire staff at the club to ensure the membership recruitment is at top of everyone's mind.
- Number of Members enrolled (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Dues Added (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Net Members (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Initiation Fees (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Dues Income (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Positive Membership expense to Budget (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Directly To: General Manager
- A minimum of three to five years commissioned sales and marketing experience with a proven track record establishing marketing/prospecting programs to drive revenues while working in a team environment.
- One year of golf course/private club related work experience is preferred.
- Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with an assertive sales personality to meet sales goals. A Computer experience required.
- Must have a professional appearance and manner, a gracious attitude and the ability to interact with diverse groups as well as the ability to build strong relationships within the club and community.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
4 years college degree, extensive work experience or equivalent.
Annual membership sales plan per budget.
Interpersonal skills, sales/negotiating abilities, attention to detail, planning and organizational ability, experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and CRM program, leadership and time management skills, self-motivated, driven and professional, golf knowledge is preferred.
- Must have open availability to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- Some travel is necessary in order to meet potential clients and to attend conventions and trade shows.
- A large portion of time is spent conducting tours, meeting and greeting clients and/or meeting and directing with other club departments.
- A positive image projected by this key staff member is essential. A neat and professional appearance must be maintained at all times, along with a respectful, open minded demeanor to members and outside contacts.
- The Membership Director will focus on selling memberships, therefore a significant portion of time is spent speaking, listening, thinking, reasoning, and writing. Mathematical skills, including basic math, problem solving, forecasting, profit / loss concepts, variances and percentages are often used.
- A significant amount of time is spent communicating and interacting with various people inside and outside of the club.
- Reading and writing abilities are often used when communicating with the club outlets and outside contacts when planning menus and services, as well as to document sales related activity.
$55-$60k range which includes base salary/commissions/bonus potential for performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Marketing: 1 year
- Sales: 3 years