POSITION SUMMARY: The Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS) is responsible for creating and managing the activity therapy/recreational program and calendar for the various physical and cognitive levels of the residents served. Provide instruction and training as necessary to ensure the program is being implemented as planned. Attend multidisciplinary treatment plan meetings as requested by the Clinical Director. Submit monthly progress reports on residents as indicated by individualized treatment plans. Assist when applicable, with inventory and budget planning.
- Plan, develop, obtain approval of the treatment team, and coordinate comprehensive and therapeutic activities designed to meet the activity and recreation needs of the residents based on physical ability, developmental age and cognitive level of understanding.
- Create, maintain and manage the activity therapy/recreational program and calendar based on physical ability, developmental age and cognitive level of understanding of the residents served.
- Provide instruction and training to the Activity Therapy Assistants as necessary to ensure the program is being implemented as planned and the delivery of activity and recreation therapy services to residents is safe and therapeutic in nature, and ensures respect for cultural and religious beliefs and protecting patient rights, confidentiality and privacy per the Center's policies and procedures and law.
- Submit written or dictated progress reports on residents as indicated by individualized treatment plans in a timely manner per the Center's policies and procedures.
- Develop, and assist in maintaining an Activity Therapy Department budget. Ensure an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment are available for the activities within the constraints of the approved budget.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid Missouri Nursing License or willing to change it to Missouri.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university plus State or National certification as a Therapeutic Recreational Specialist, Occupational Therapist or other related rehabilitative services. Two years supervisory experience in a mental health setting, (preferably with adolescents).
- New competitive pay rates!
- Bi - Weekly Pay
- Direct deposit/pay card
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401 K - available after a year of service
- Phone bill discounts with AT&T and Verizon available
- Annual performance based raise
***Benefits start after 30 day probation period.
Equal opportunity employer (EOE). This is a summary of the essential functions of the listed job which provides the employee, Administration, Human Resources, applicants, and other agencies with a clear understanding of the job, where it fits into the organization, and the skill and work requirements in relation to other jobs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Activities: 3 years (Preferred)