What You’ll Get to Do:
We are seeking a high caliber Business Analyst to support Department of Homeland Security (DHS) software development efforts across a broad spectrum of tools and platforms. As the Business Analyst, you will work with customers to clearly define business requirements, translate business requirements to functional, user, and system requirements, and develop supporting materials such as use cases, flowcharts, context diagrams, wireframes, interface system diagrams, and data flows. The BA will develop business, functional and system user stories and requirements for small and large-scale software applications. Perform business analysis activities with the user community to define and document end-to-end business processes.
More About the Role:
Serve as a Senior Business Analyst to support developing custom software applications. Responsibilities include:
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into user stories, and document them.
- Coordinate and meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Apply project management best practices to the requirements process.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provides advice and recommendations on process best practices.
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is critical.
- Knowledge of Agile software technology.
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Assist with the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and briefings.
- Assist with process definition and documentation
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ability to obtain/maintain EOD Suitability Clearance
- BA/BS and minimum of 10 years of applicable experience
- Initiative – proactively establishing relationships, setting up workshops, finding opportunities to innovate and improve value, as well as providing new ideas for team and improvement
- Team Mentality – jumping in to help others as needed, empowering and collaborating with others, and learning a cross-section of skills to improve ability to aid others
- Organization – establishing and communicating simple, value-driven strategies and plans for near and far-term activities; while managing scheduling demands and maintaining focus across multiple efforts
- Flexibility – adapting to change on the fly, maintaining a positive attitude, and focusing on the path ahead
What We Can Offer You:
- IT Environment Savvy – using, navigating, and adapting to multiple collaboration environments (e.g.; MS Teams, SharePoint, O-365, ServiceNow, etc.) and use productivity tools (e.g.; Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) effectively
- Familiarity with using ServiceNow Agile Development 2.0 and/or JIRA
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-National Harbor-MD-MARYLAND SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.