The City of Minnetonka is accepting applications for a full-time receptionist at city hall. This is a challenging position providing receptionist and administrative support to all city hall staff. The receptionist performs administrative support work by greeting visitors, answering phones and responding to resident/customer or staff requests.
***All interested candidates must submit a cover letter to be considered for the position. Please attach your cover letter to the application or email it to
Other Job Functions:
- Provides exceptional customer services on the phone and in person.
- Responds to requests for information or directs calls and visitors to appropriate individuals/departments.
- Performs duties relating to processing of incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting, distribution and postings.
- Council prep and clean up.
- Stock and inventory supplies.
- Assists in Homesteads.
- Manages GovQA requests.
- Posts daily schedules for conference rooms.
- Works directly with supply vendors.
- Orders name plates, business cards, name tags and employee chairs as needed.
- Assists with mailing, copying, filing and faxing as needed.
- Assists with meeting room set-up and directional signs as needed .
- Performs scanning and indexing of information/data for imaging system when needed.
- Performs record filing and retention duties following city guidelines.
- Assists in History projects and the operation of the Charles H. Burwell House as needed.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Two years working with Microsoft Office Products.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three or more years of customer service experience.
- Three or more years working with Microsoft Office Products.
- Previous experience in public sector position involving receptionist and telephone answering duties.
- Notary Public.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles and practices of providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of local government functions, divisions and operations.
- Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Providing high level of customer service.
- Proficient operation of office equipment including telephone console, personal computer, fax, copier, scanner, printers, folding machine and the Pitney Bowes mail machine.
- Organization and multi-tasking.
Exceptional services provided by exceptional people.
- Be diplomatic, empathetic and cooperative in dealing with the public.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, efficiently and professional with internal and external customers.
- Gain knowledge of functions, organization and procedures of all departments within the organization.
- Be discreet when dealing with private and personal data.
- Work in a shared workspace.
- Become a Notary Public.
We promote a supportive work environment that encourages excellence, accountability, customer focus and teamwork where employees are appreciated, respected and valued through our commitment to the employee-developed shared values
- Adaptable Learning & Innovation
- Authentic Communication
- Healthy Human Relationships
- Contagious Enthusiasm
- Outcome Focused Teamwork
- Shared Success
This position is a non-union position with the following compensation range:
Step 1 -
Step 2 -
Step 3 -
Step 4 -
Step 5 -
*Yearly cost of living adjustment (COLA) and market adjustments may be in addition to the above listed salary step increases. Step increases may occur after six months, one year, two years, three years from date of hire.
**This position is also eligible for a yearly departmental MERIT payment of 2.5% after one year of hire per personnel policy guidelines.