Top Value Fabrics is a leading international supplier of industrial, recreational and print media fabrics for a wide variety of applications and industries. We were founded in 1974 and have been employee owned since 2010. Our purchasing team prides themselves in being a reliable, knowledgeable partner to our sales team and vendors and works diligently on each purchase from start to finish.
We are currently searching for a talented individual to join our purchasing team in this dynamic and fast-paced industry. If you are a highly motivated, goal-driven and detail oriented individual, Top Value Fabrics may be the right place for you.
The Purchasing Coordinator works as part of the purchasing team in the procurement of inventory. This position collaborates closely with the Sales Department and the Sales Forecasting and Planning Manager to procure materials. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment with excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Work with domestic and international vendors to obtain product and service information, such as price, availability, specifications, and delivery schedule.
- Place purchase orders as specified by the Sales Forecasting and Planning Manager and the Sales Department
- File purchase orders placed, investigate pricing or receipt discrepancies, and monitor delivery dates to ensure on-time delivery
- Update ERP system with requirements, specifications, and delivery information
- Update vendors with specifications as required
- Consistently communicate quotes, status updates, and additional information with the Sales Department
- Quote and process domestic freight shipments
- Collect and review import documentation to verify the accuracy of the value, country of origin and other information
- Prepare import document presentation for freight forwarder, and generate inventory costing paperwork
- Accurately enter inventory transactions into accounting system as needed
- Update operations, sales, and inventory spreadsheets
- Identify problems and develop solutions as needed
- Additional duties and special projects as needed
- Ideal candidate will possess at least 4 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Supply Chain knowledge preferred
- Solid experience utilizing and navigating an ERP system, ideally Dynamics AX
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excel skills to include proficiency with the vlookup function
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Organized and detail oriented mindset is a must
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Highly motivated to assist in any way to help our company succeed
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package including health care, 401k, paid time off and employee ownership through the ESOP
Job Type: Full-time