The Associate will work closely with the Manager and Director to support the development and implementation of internal communications strategies for several of The Estée Lauder Companies’ corporate functions, including: Global Supply Chain, Information Technology and Research & Development. He/she will help maintain and modernize all communication channels for these functions and support content development, ranging from announcements about leadership transitions and organizational changes to project rollouts and updates. He/she will support in-function communications (i.e., townhalls, newsletters, video messages, etc.) and help support compelling function-to-enterprise communications.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
50% Support the execution of communications strategies for several of The Estée Lauder Companies’ functions, including Global Supply Chain, Information Technology, and Research & Development (providing select support to Global Communications and Corporate Marketing as needed). Help maintain and modernize communications platforms for function leadership to engage in two-way dialogue with their teams around the world.
- Help maintain function-wide communication channels (i.e., digital newsletters, mass email, townhalls/webcasts, SharePoint sites, video messages, SMS etc.)
- Draft messaging, content and collateral to use across channels (content includes, but is not limited to, leadership announcements, capability launches, change communications, internal news app articles etc).
- Coordinate logistics for function-wide events (i.e. townhalls, webcasts) and provide support with content development
- Support the production of video messages and podcasts from executives
- Support the development of internal and external presentations and talking points for executives
- Manage day-to-day distribution of function communications to intended audiences; partner with HR to ensure distribution lists and key functional contact lists are kept accurate and current
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Change Teams on sensitive initiatives and change-related communications to employees
- Support deployment of corporate and function strategies
- Regularly monitor and maintain email resources accounts on behalf of functions and executives
- Help maintain and refresh content on MyELC (intranet) function homepage for these functions and support function channel management, including development of regular content on MyELC Mobile (internal news app)25% Support the development of widescale function-to-enterprise communications, for Information Technology in particular, that are engaging and easily digestible by global employees. Support internal communications for various rollouts to employees across the Company and support external communications as appropriate.
- Collaborate with our Corporate Design team to develop compelling and engaging (and digital-first) communications from these functions to the enterprise, keeping the objective of message penetration at the forefront.
- Partner with broader Enterprise Internal Communications team, as well as External Media and Digital teams to promote function initiatives and projects.
- Help ensure these critical function-to-enterprise communications to capture the interest and buy-in of our global employees, while enhancing and encouraging behavior change if applicable.
15% Provide project management support for each of the functions to help guide day-to-day communications activities and ensure the Function Communications team is planning for major deadlines.
- Maintain calendar of key communications activities and milestones for each function.
- Integrate key milestones into broader Internal Communications calendar.
10% Collect and track qualitative and quantitative data to measure effectiveness of communications.
- Organize collected data in an easily consumable format that can be shared with internal stakeholders.
- Help analyze data to identify gaps in communications effectiveness and provide recommendations to address issues.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and presence with the ability to collaborate with a wide-range of business partners, including senior leaders. Able to demonstrate learning agility, meet tight deadlines and effectively balance competing priorities. Must be highly detail oriented with strong project management and organizational skills. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Communications / Public Relations
1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.