Customer Care Advocate/ Patient Service Representative
Adecco Medical & Science
The Customer Care Advocate is responsible for professionally responding to telephone inquiries from patients, doctors, and internal customers as they relate to all services IMMY provides. Customer Care Representatives are responsible for problem solving and educating callers. Also responsible for documenting all customer interactions in company software used for order management. In addition to communicating with patients, the Representative will also interact frequently with prescribers and their offices, developing key relationships with their accounts.
1. Answer telephone promptly and in a professional manner, using Imprimis scripting.
2. Obtain and enter accurate patient demographic & prescription information into pharmacy & order management software systems.
3. Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
4. Maintain confidentiality of PHI and sensitive pharmacy information following HIPAA guidelines.
5. Act as a liaison for the patients and the pharmacies.
6. Direct calls to other departments as needed.
7. Use sound judgement in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
8. Understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on the telephone.
3. Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
4. Ability to handle a “call center” environment:
work quickly and multi-task.
5. Exercise good judgement to handle calls appropriately.
6. Demonstrate good customer service care for patients, clients, and sales and marketing.
7. Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance.
8. Fluent in the English language with excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Demonstrated job stability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Capability to organize and prioritize work, and manage multiple priorities.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
3. Exceptional attention to detail and good analytical skills.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Establish and maintain effective relationships with all internal and external clients.
6. Problem solve quickly and effectively.
7. Promptly answer, screen, and process telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality and HIPAA policies.
8. Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet.
9. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as quantities, discounts, interest and percentages.
10. Able to participate and understand in traditional and e-learning programs.
2+ years of pharmacy experience preferred, and 2+ years of relevant customer service experience, preferred. Previous experience in a high-volume call center environment, required.
High School Graduate, Certified Pharmacy Technician.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Sedentary work. Essential functions of this role require sitting for extended periods of time.
- This role requires communicating via telephone for the majority of the day.
- Ability to type, use a computer to search for information and input information while speaking on the phone is required. The employee will frequently be required to use the computer, mouse and telephone to conduct the regular tasks of this role.
The employee will be required to compute simple to simple mathematical calculations as a normal part of this role.
To be considered for this position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Karwan Kallash at (858) 812-9963or email Karwan.Kallash@adeccona.com.