Position: Laboratory technician
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 5 months+
- Interfacing with research staff and all shops to produce quality outputs.
- Monitoring work progress and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Supporting a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Supporting process and productivity improvement.
- Helping to manage and move chemical, equipment, & material inventory.
- Recurring inspections of chemical waste storage area, eye wash stations, powered industrial trucks.
- Emptying of flammable waste bins.
- Setup and tear down of test equipment.
- Carpentry work for packing and shipping.
- Manual movement of heavy objects.
- Transporting items via truck to an offsite storage facility.
- Working outside in hot and cold weather.
- Operation of a forklift to move items in a warehouse-like environment.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to sit, stand, or crouch down for extended periods.
- Able to climb ladders and work platforms.
- Able to work in laboratory and industrial environments.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses and ear protection.
Direct: (858) 275-6377
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlotte, NC 28262: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person