100% Virtual - Work From Home - Live Anywhere in the US
Senior Unix and Linux Systems Administrator
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately.
We are looking for IBM AIX, Solaris Unix and Linux experts who have 15+ years of solid experience in AIX, Solaris and Linux systems and Power HA. Responsible for managing systems 24x7*365 across multiple regions. The landscape of 3-Tier environments namely, Development, QA, and Production which in turn has physical, LPARs and Power-HA HACMP based High Available environments.
The are the key deliverables as part of standard support -
- Operating system and Platform support based on 24x7*365 days.
- Project advisory, consultancy services
- High Availability Systems Management
- Manage 3-Tier environments that , Dev, QA, and Prod.
- ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, Configuration Management
- Operating system Patching, Performance tuning, Unix shell programming, troubleshooting skills.
- Operating system Upgrade / Migration
- Virtualization Strategies
- Securing the AIX, Solaris, Linux systems by hardening as per industry standard
- Managing system state backups using
- HMC and Firmware upgrades
- Remediating of vulnerabilities that are proactively scanned by the Unisys security specialists at intervals.
- Automation and preventative maintenance
- Commissioning and Decommissioning - Responsible for all aspects of standing up a server in a new or existing environment, as well as removing systems from an environment at the end of service life. This includes working independently or with other technology groups to meet project milestones and customer requirements.
- Consultation and recommending best practices
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.