The Head Guard is responsible for the Aquatics Department and upholding Life Time's Mission and Vision Statements through the Healthy Way of Life Principles while delivering the highest level of customer service and consistency to both Members and Team Members. The Head Guard and Aquatics Team Members will ensure the best department appearance with a focus on safety to achieve the best member experiences.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures Aquatics Team Members provide a safe and friendly environment for the Members.
2. Provides exceptional customer service and meets the Members' needs and expectations.
3. Assists in responding to Member inquiries regarding Life Time programs, products, services, policies, and procedures in a professional and timely manner.
4. Assists in creating a fun & safe environment during Family Hours.
5. May assist in registering Members for group as well as private swim lessons and programming.
6. Provides a safe, clean, and organized aquatics area for members.
Sales & Promotional
Promotes all Life Time programs, products, and services.
Assists in marketing and promoting aquatics programs and activities in the club to increase participation.
Financial & Budgetary
Works with the Aquatics Department Head & Assistant to understand the budget for lifeguards and Family Hours.
Manages the lifeguards to ensure that all team members are utilized to the fullest or send extra guards home while still maintaining expectations for safety.
Managerial & Supervisory
Assists in managing & supporting all Aquatics Department Team Members.
May assist ensuring all certifications and LTU classes are current in the department.
Completes and documents daily inspections to ensure pool area cleanliness and safety as directed by the Aquatics Department Head. .
Balances pool chemicals to meet mandated levels/standards.
Submits incident reports in a timely matter.
Maintains the Systems Binder on a daily basis.
Assists in training team members through shadowing, direction and feedback of guard critiques.
Responsibilities of All Positions
Supports and articulates the Life Time mission statement
Adheres to company policies and procedures
Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
Sound to ensure music levels are appropriate
Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
Taste to ensure the food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
Safety:Safety responsibilities include:
Complies with all company safety rules.
Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment.
Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible.
Participates in safety training and safety inspections.
Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee.
- High School Diploma, or GED (some college preferred)
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- 6 months of customer service experience
- 2 years lifeguarding experience
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid · Red Cross CPR-PR/AED· NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) (Preferred)· Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) (Preferred)· U Swim School Certification (Preferred)· Successfully complete and pass Head Guard Training
Primary LocationTX-Colleyville - CLY - Colleyville