Are you organized?
Do you like talking to customers and forming relationships?
Do you like Kids and Science?
Mad Science seeks an organized and efficient Office Assistant for the Mad Science Lab! Applicants must live local to Orlando, preferably West Orlando/Winter Garden. Hourly rate will start at $10-$12/hour (depending on experience), with mileage reimbursement for delivery days. Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive within a 30 mile radius of Orlando. Must have flexible availability to work as needed. Position will start at 15 -20 hours/week, but may increase up to 30-35 hours/week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains all equipment, ensuring they are in “ready to pull” condition
Maintains a system for others to locate all equipment and supplies
Conducts equipment check-in and check-out procedures
Stocks all consumables for use in kits
Ensures that all equipment checklists are up to date
Ensures that all areas are presentable and organized
Plans and organizes the efficient use of office space
Identifies changing requirements for equipment and supply storage
Helps customers in the retail area of the store
Answers the phone and responds to emails, as needed
- Must be 21 years or older and qualified to work in the US
- Outgoing, energetic, and creative!
- Able to work independently and be proactive
- Punctual and reliable
- Must be able to provide a copy of your driver's license and proof of car insurance
- Must have a reliable vehicle to transport yourself and our equipment
- Must be able to drive up to 30 miles for kit delivering
- Must be able to lift 40 lb
- Must pass a background check, fingerprinting, and drug test
- Must have a cell phone and home computer with internet
- Background/interest in science a plus!
Position to start immediately. Apply today!
Find out more about Mad Science at CFL.MadScience.org