Company: U.S. Laboratories
This is a temporary 3 month Revenue Verification Representative position person is responsible for identification, and verification of the responsible financial party for all services rendered by the business office. Ensures Trident’s revenue is appropriately recorded and payment is guaranteed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all paperwork and data entry is completed accurately and timely.
- Performs revenue verification and qualifications for all new, re-admit, and payer change accounts to ensure payment for service.
- Manages the receipt and review of requisitions daily. Processes census status changes daily.
- Works with facility customers to obtain any incomplete payer or guarantor related information required for timely payment.
- Performs eligibility verification with Medicaid, Medicare, and third party payers where available.
- Works to identify, reduce and eliminate issues that cause claims processing delays.
- Obtains a signed Responsible party form with 24-48 hours of patient admission.
- Provides the patient and/or responsible party with New Admission packet.
- Maintains key documents via customer files as per policy. (HIPAA, Responsible party forms).
- Coordinates heavily with the billing representatives for assigned facilities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned to support the goals of the organization.
- High School diploma
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Three years medical customer service or claims processing experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize needs and function independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; to handle or feel; to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Standard office environment.
Full Time 40 hours- Monday through Friday.