A Family Medicine Clinic is looking to hire a Receptionist to work Full Time at a Family Medicine Clinic in Dallas, TX.
The timings are:
- Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5:00 pm
- 2 Saturdays a month 10:00am -2:00pm
(Hours may vary slightly based upon clinic plans)
The Receptionist will work under the direction of the Operations Manager/Practice Manager, and will be responsible for the registration of patients that encourages the safety and comfort of all patients. The candidate is required to accurately check insurance eligibility and register patients and collect payment for services. Also will be responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- 2 years of front office experience is strongly preferred**
- Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
- Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients especially seniors.
- Good computer skills using a medical management EMR application specifically eClinicalWorks. Please do not apply with experience of other EMRs like EPIC, etc.
- Knowledge of insurances verification, co-payment collections is crucial
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by the assigned provider would be an added plus.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures would be an added plus.
- Greets and prepares patients for the healthcare provider.
- Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
- Schedules appointments according to office guidelines.
- Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Obtains accurate patient and insurance information and verifies the same, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
- Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
- Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
- Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
- Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointments and sends out the appropriate communications.
- Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with the time-of-service payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in Spanish will be an added plus.
- Manages front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, patient access, maintenance of medical records, verification of benefits, timely and accurate charge entry, collection of payments (TOS) and customer service efforts. Supervises medical, nursing and clerical staff to ensure adequate coverage for quality patient care.
- Monitors payroll system to control time management.
- Ensures work environment complies with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements by monitoring the work setting on an ongoing basis to identify deficiencies, risk, and opportunities for improvement.
- Serves as the first point of contact for patient and external customer complaints. Responsible for reconciling and investigating all complaints relating to practice operations and routes privacy and/or Compliance complaints/issues.
- Escalates reoccurring problems as needed.
- Acts as the liaison between the practice and Central Billing Office.
- Serves as Medical Records Custodian. Reviews authorizations and 3rd party chart review requests for validity.
Our Clinic is a part of a bigger Group and includes physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, safe care at more than 3 clinics located in Dallas and Wylie. It is affiliated to UT Southwestern University. A compassionate work environment has helped to create an all-encompassing, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making our Clinic a great place to work at. We give additional benefits, paid vacations, trainings and performance related bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Medical Receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- EMR System named eClinicalWorks: 1 year (Required)
- Dallas, TX 75217 (Preferred)