Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, stylish, and informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com ( http://www.refinery29.com/ ), www.refinery29.com/en-ca ( http://www.refinery29.com/en-ca ), www.refinery29.uk ( http://www.refinery29.uk/ ) and www.refinery29.de ( http://www.refinery29.de/ ) for more information and to browse content.
About the team:
At Refinery29, shared experiences are in our DNA and we've been creating experiences and bringing communities together for over a decade. We create narratively driven, experiential moments that positively impact people's lives and build meaningful and emotional connections with them. Our experiential team are visual architects, creative strategists, cultural curators, experience producers and talent gathers.
We are seeking an Creative Director for R29 Experiential, predominantly focused on consumer events. This person is a creative and collaborative team player with significant experience supervising teams and overseeing top-notch creative execution while leveraging meaningful relationship with R29 brands and client partners. An excellent presenter and event director, the CD is able to expertly develop and articulate concepts succinctly and compellingly, then see them through to successful physical execution and client satisfaction.
We are on the quest of finding our next leader deeply invested and tapped into culture and being a leading taste maker (from knowing artists starting important conversations to socio-political issues igniting in our young women today.) This role will report to the SVP of Experiential, while also work closely with the Executive Creative Director of Refinery29.
What Makes an R29er?
What You'll Do:
- You have commitment and passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, and claim their power and realize their infinite potential.
What You Have:
- In collaboration with our ECD, lead the 29Rooms creative process in big 360-degree thinking while partnering with multi-disciplinary teams from ideation to execution
- Supervise creative ideation of 29Rooms and understanding cost assessment in advance for budget compliance while leading creative ideation for assigned select events
- Be a part of the launch in the next phase of events at the media company Adweek named the Hottest in the Events business
- Work with cross-functional teams to finalize ideation for innovative, integrated event marketing platforms, rooted in strategic insights, to ultimately deliver on larger big ideas that drive incremental revenue for R29
- Foster a thriving, inspirational, and immensely creative and productive work environment, including team meetings, creative field trips and knowledge-sharing
- Lead execution on 29Rooms with an eye on unity across mediums, aesthetic excellence & storytelling. Industries include Fashion, Beauty, Retail, Auto, Tech, Entertainment, Financial, CPG and more
- Understand and execute against the R29 brand & business vision, creating projects that deliver for R29 clients, brand, and audience, including audience building and content synergy at events
- Collaborate with our sales organization on new ways to support our client parnters.
- Leadership experience in experiential marketing events, festivals or large scale consumer entertain events (anything from events, theatrical, live music, runway, original tech innovative with large budgets)
- Demonstrated experience to understand costs and production feasibility with particular relation to creative concept, programming and design
- Experience directing an entire event experience and shaping the guest/experience narrative with top tier level talent
- A deep awareness of performance and installation trends, artistry and technology to create original concepts from the ground up
- Must have a proven track record of impacting brands through event creative projects while having a passion for content, all to drive revenue and build audience
- Experience leading event that demonstrate creative applied to event business models with multiple revenue streams