GW’s Department of Medicine (Division of Genomic Medicine) conducts cutting-edge genomics / proteomics research for a variety of diseases, including but not limited to cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Our division has a strong team in genomics and bioinformatics research. More information can be found at the following link: https://smhs.gwu.edu/medicine/divisions/genomic-medicine
The Division of Genomic Medicine is searching a part-time (50%) Laboratory Assistant . The Fu lab’s research focuses on identification and validation of genomic biomarkers for early cancer detection using a variety of techniques, such as DNA Sequencing, real-time PCR, Western Blot, ChIP-qPCR, and bioinformatics tools, such as GeneSpring GX.
- Assists in executing and analyzing molecular biology experiments in biomarker identification in Lichen Sclerosis.
- Under direct supervision of the PI, conducts experiments.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a BA/BS in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in molecular biology and experience with molecular biology lab work is required.
- Experience using a variety of techniques, such as RNA isolation, real-time PCR, and bioinformatics tools, such as miRNA target identification, gene profile analysis is desirable.
- Good presentation and communications skills would be a plus.
Typical Hiring Range $17.25 - $23.91 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
Family Research and Labs
Sub-Family Laboratory Research
Stream Service and Support
Level Level 2
Hours Per Week:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 12:30
Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor.
Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.