Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an Associate Program Manager to support our Green Services group within our Business Assurance team. This will be a remote/home-based position.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits, and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
The Associate Program Manager (APM) will support the Business Assurance business by providing technical leadership and support to the programs. The APM has primary responsibility for developing Green Services auditor resources including recruiting, training, and maintaining currency of qualifications. We’re looking for somebody with a Bachelor of Science Degree in environmental, health and safety or a related discipline with competency in EH&S regulations. This person must also possess strong leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills for mentoring and management of staff.
- At the direction of the Program Manager, provide the necessary support needed to maintain and improve the program. This would include but is not limited to; process improvements, procedure development/revisions, technical reviews, quote approvals etc.
- Function as the Regional Technical Sector Manager (RTSM) for EMS/OHSMS, providing regional sector-specific technical leadership and input, including active participation in the Green Services Center of Excellence (COE).
- Participate in industry conferences as attendee and/or speaker.
- Conduct internal audits of Intertek offices.
- Identify and communicate areas for process improvement and provide recommendations.
- Identify sector specific needs and work with the Resource Development Team to recruit, select, contract, mentor, monitor and develop the sector specific audit staff.
- Work with the technical team to evaluate and approve competencies of assigned audit staff.
- Identify/recommend training needs and effectively manage assigned audit team members.
- In conjunction with the PM and KAMs, develop and sustain positive, effective relationships with “major” sector clients through onsite auditing and ongoing communications.
- Provide the necessary leadership and support for the resolution of corrective actions both internal and external to the organization as they pertain to the program.
- Provide technical leadership and support to both new and existing clients as needed.
- Provide support for the handling of disputes.
- Complete monthly NPS calls as assigned.
- Provide guidance and ongoing support for assigned teams.
- Conduct annual performance reviews in consultation with PM.
- Conduct witness audits of staff and contract auditors.
- Maintain currency of Green Services Auditor witnessing program.
- Utilize data and trends to develop improvement plans for Auditors (Auditor Score Cards).
- Conduct audits, primarily for major account kick-offs, witnessing, and mentoring.
- Lead and deliver training sessions for the program, including monthly teleconferences, and help to develop and mentor new tutors for the training program.
- Mentor and provide support for sector Business Development Manager.
- Quote approvals.
- Assist with business development efforts, including client meetings, preparing and delivering webinars, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in environmental, health and safety or a related discipline with competency in EH&S regulations.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well in an environment and react effectively in stressful situations.
- Have sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex operations in broad perspective.
- Ability to obtain and assess factual information fairly.
- Must have strong leadership abilities.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to exercise effective time management in completion of assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills for mentoring and management of staff.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.