Job Description: Network Systems Engineer
PJ Networks is a growing technology managed services provider seeking an individual to provide support for clients in Albemarle, Greene, and surrounding Counties. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining the design and integrity of clients' internal networks, including network security for hardware and software.
Field Engineers are assigned a portfolio of clients and work closely with remote monitoring staff to ensure that clients receive world class service. Candidates should enjoy not only technical problem solving, but working with clients to improve their technical operations and ultimately their business success.
Engineers at PJ Networks are responsible for maintaining great relationships with our client points of contact. Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, health and dental insurance, and a retirement plan with up to a 3% employer match.
About PJ Networks
Since 2005, PJ Networks has been providing professional IT support for business clients in Central Virginia. Our clients are mainly small to medium sized organizations with diverse environments. We provide our clients with managed IT services, cloud solutions, on-site and remote support, and strategic technology consulting. Our mission is to enhance the value and success of our clients’ businesses by providing superior, client-focused IT services and solutions.
Required/Preferred Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years as a Network Systems Engineer or Network Administrator
- Previous consulting or MSP experience is highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 with current Microsoft certifications or willingness to commit to obtaining one or more certification within 90 days of hire
- Experience with desktop/laptop computer support, including familiarity with all versions of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 10
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2016 / 2019 and all versions of MS Office, including Office 365
- Experience configuring and managing firewalls and switches, including setup of VLANs, NAT rules, VPN tunnels, etc.
- Experience with data backup and disaster recovery software
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, VMWare, Linux, VOIP phone systems, and Cisco hardware is a plus, but not required.
A positive attitude, good communication skills and a team mentality are absolutely required. Candidate must be willing to commute to and from client sites (and have own, dependable transportation), as well as occasionally work after hours or weekends, as necessary. Average work week is about 45 hours.
PJ Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottesville, VA 22901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- This position requires the Engineer to travel to LOCAL client business offices to provide on site support. Do you have a valid driver's license, and are you willing to visit one or more clients on a typical work day?
- Hands on Network Systems engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person