Newpark is changing the paradigm in the industries we serve, developing new ways to help customers drive operating efficiencies while working in harmony with the environment and improving community relations. Newpark is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, and serves North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our focus on technology enables us to continually shape a new and better world of drilling fluids and matting solutions, building on the strength of our flagship products – our Evolution® family of water-based drilling fluid systems and our premium DURA-BASE® advanced-composite matting system. Essential Functions This person will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the global health and environmental programs. The main function of this position will be the global product stewardship of the various product lines within the company ensuring that hazard communications documents and product compliance and registrations are up to date. This person will also assist in the environmental policies and procedures, including any environmental permits required by company facilities.
- Author product SDS’s and labels globally for the various product lines. This will requires a strong knowledge of the Global Harmonized System (GHS) and the implementation of the GHS framework globally.
- Work with the Research and Development departments in their development of new products and providing direction, where needed, to ensure the company’s health and environmental standards are met.
- Lead the registration program for products that are not currently registered in various government jurisdictions. This will include REACH registration for our EU products.
- Develop the multi-modal transportation classification for Newpark products.
- Serve as a liaison between the company and various governmental agencies in reporting requirements, product registration, permit procedures, etc.
- Assist the regional HSE staff with regards to health and environmental issues.
- Auditing of our facilities to confirm compliance with regional, as well as the company’s, health and environmental regulations and policies.
- Staying abreast of all pertinent legislation in order to advise the affected operations management where required to assure compliance with regulations.
Education & Experience Requirements Bachelors Degree or educational equivalent. 7 years related experience including 3 years management experience. Extensive understanding of regulations and the regulatory process. Proven written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Effective leadership skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management. Professional certifications may be required. Position Summary Plans and manages environmental and/or safety programs. Supervises and coordinates the work of QHSE Specialists to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and policies. Analyzes and interprets scientific and technical journals, financial reports and regulatory documents. Analyzes and interprets QHSE periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. May assist with budgetary recommendations in order to comply with government mandated QHSE regulations. Recommends developmental procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements. Effectively presents information and responds to questions or concerns from employees, managers, clients, regulatory agencies and the general public. Handles special projects, as assigned.