Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to, comply and research issues to drive decisions based on all relevant federal, state, local and institutional laws, policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of data within the offices supported.
- Cross-train in order to support the Offices of Admissions and Student Support Services. Knowledge of other areas in Student Affairs will be required. Such areas include, but are not limited to, Registrar, Student Accounts and International Student Services.
- Assist with training of new employees on policies and procedures as well as ongoing training for employees in regards to changes in policies and procedures.
- Test upgrades and new processes as they are developed for Fairmont State University.
- Serve as second tier resource to staff, faculty and students (former, current and future) with general questions and issues pertaining, but not limited to, admissions policies and requirements, admissions decisions, recruitment processes and communication plans. Counsel and resolve 80% of the inquiries/issues listed above. The remainder will be deferred to Admissions Manager based on the incumbent's judgement.
- Research issues to drive decisions by asking questions, gathering facts, and applying federal, state, local and intuitional laws, policies and procedures.
- Initiate and process forms, credentials, system related functions and payments for Fairmont State University. Documents, include, but are not limited to, admissions applications, transcripts, and medical records such as immunizations, major changes and test scores.
- Initiation and processing of automated decision making functions along with other system related tasks such as, but not limited to, accurately extracting precise data, editing systems data, data clean-up and reviewing communication plans for errors.
- Process credit card payments via telephone.
- Provide support for various campus events such as Orientation, Welcome Weekend, Maroon & White and graduation.
- Serve as contact for International Student Services Admissions questions as well as the Designated School Official (DSO) for F students.
- Maintenance of the SEVIS system for F students which consists of creating and updating immigration documents.
- Manage dual university enrollment and early college program application process.
- Manage recruiting data such as campus visitation, Maroon & White Events and Exploration day to ensure proper communication is sent at scheduled times.
- Ensure the accuracy and security of student academic records in accordance with FERPA, Fairmont State University policies and standard records management practices.
- Work in all aspects of the application process at Fairmont State University; counsel students and families about academic programs, admissions requirements and procedures and application process, work with high school guidance counselors; maintain a thorough knowledge of selective academic programs, and operate a personal computer for data entry and retrieval.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure confidential data is received in a timely manner to determine an applicant's admissions status. Records are uploaded to students' academic record.
- Responsible for selective Nursing admissions process.
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Minimum Required Education:
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent, as determined by HR).
Over one year and up to two years of experience; however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience is acceptable which provides an applicant the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities and the capability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in general computer tasks
- Database experience
- Knowledgeable of and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of admissions, curricula, and record policies & procedures
- Ability to work independently and without close and detailed direction and supervision.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to adapt to change in an ever changing fast paced work environment
Close Date: 01/05/2020
Must be a US Citizen due to issuance of Form I-20 through Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) through Homeland Security and International Admissions requirement.
Notes to Applicants:
All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Competency testing may be part of the interviewing process.
Fairmont State University does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression/association, national origin, age, height, weight, religion, creed, genetic information, disability or veteran's status, as identified and defined by law in employment, admissions, and educational programs and activities. Minorities/Women/Veterans/those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Fairmont State University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Job Type: Full-time