The City of Plano Public Safety Communications department is a state-of-the-art facility with a focus on technology, safety, and professionalism. We are accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies and we are looking for new members of our team. We offer a competitive salary, a training program second-to-none, and the opportunity to help someone each and every day that you come to work! Feel free to check out our website**at http://plano.gov/209/9-1-1-Public-Safety-Communications.
This job posting will be open through 05/13/2018, but may close without notice if all positions are filled. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted within 2 business days of submitting the online application through plano.gov!
Base starting salary is $19.23 per hour. All applications must be completed online at https://careers.plano.gov**. This is an entry-level position.
· Answer 9-1-1, non-emergency, and administrative phone lines and provide an appropriate response as required by the nature of the call.
· Prioritize situations and dispatch appropriate resources using trunked radio system and/or telephone.
· Maintain status of on-duty sworn and non-sworn personnel from police and fire departments.
· Coordinates with other agencies, citizens, and/or businesses to provide assistance, gather information, or give instructions necessary depending on the situation.
· Provide medical instructions to callers over the telephone.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of Windows based computer systems is required.
· Knowledge of multi-function telephones and/or PBX boards is preferred. Must be able to learn these systems.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required.
· Must be able to use maps and other resource materials.
· Must be able to make critical and expedient decisions within established guidelines.
· Must be able to complete required training, obtain required certifications, and maintain compliance in key performance areas.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have, at least, one year of experience in a customer service environment, call-center environment, or emergency response operations.
· Must be able to work any department shift on any day of the week, including weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and overtime as needed.
· Must be a US citizen
· Must meet standards required by CJIS and TCOLE for Telecommunicator licensing.
· Starting salary is $19.23/hr with opportunities for advancement.
· 120 hours per year of vacation time
· 120 hours per year of sick leave
· 72 hours per year of holiday time
· Tuition reimbursement
· City match of 2 to 1 into TMRS retirement system.
· Longevity pay
· Step Plan
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
· More information about other benefits can be found here *(http://www.plano.gov/1077/Benefits*)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.23 to $29.09 /hour
License or certification: