The Assistant Manager position will assist the Store Leader in the operation of all aspects of the store and is responsible for ensuring that the associates provide amazing customer service, while achieving sales goals. This includes ensuring customer satisfaction, driving sales, building sales skills and product knowledge. The Assistant Manager will serve as a second in command for the store. Effective Assistant Managers maximize productivity and profitability by balancing sales and expenses, identifying sales opportunities and setting customer service standards. They must demonstrate knowledge of the store’s purpose and goals and have the skills to help associates achieve those goals. Effectiveness will be measured utilizing a variety of metrics: UPT (Units Per transaction), ATV (Average transaction), Scan Rate (Ace Rewards Usage Percentage), Gross Margin Dollars as well as Percentage. Meeting and/or exceeding budgeted goals for these metrics will be expected in all of these categories.
The major responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for implementing all Training Programs as directed
- Executing Monthly End Cap Program and Dump Bin Program
- Monitor and maintain the Clip Strip Program
- Maximizing opportunities in the Power Aisle, and POS Impulse areas
- Ensuring that the store is appropriately merchandised for all marketing events.
- Ensuring that all corresponding signage is in place for the duration of the event, as well as come down at the appropriate time.
- Reviewing all Marketing events and materials not only with the management team, but the store associates as well.
- Coordinate community involvement by developing and executing a minimum of 4 community events at the store each year
Directly monitor the Ace Rewards Program ensuring that the store achieves a year to date average of a minimum of 60% usage
Manage freight flow and ensure that the store is in stock for the needs of our customers.
This position will be the primary contact in store for any communication regarding Accounts Receivable and Marketing.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
Education/Training: High School degree, some college preferred. Posses a vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience
Skills/Knowledge: Strong leadership and analytical skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
Ability to lead and develop others
Ability to handle multiple projects and task with a high attention to detail
Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
Ability to stand for an extended period of time
Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Assist customers with heavier items – Must be able to lift and carry up to 60lbs as a part of regular duties. Must be able occasionally, with assistance, lift up to 80lbs. Rommel’s Ace does provide dollies, pallet jacks, merchandise carts and forklifts to be used as necessary in the completion of these duties.
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
Other tasks as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)