We invite you to come join the RadNet Radiology team as Patient Service Representative.
This position serves as a medical receptionist is responsible for greeting in a courteous and professional manner all incoming patients, visitors, physicians, vendors or other individuals. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients and coordinating with back-office personnel for timely turnaround. This individual responds to patient questions and concerns, both on the telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork associated with patient registration.
As a Patient Service Representative, you will have the opportunity to:
- Greets and registers patients in a friendly and service oriented manner.
- Notifies appropriate team member on patient arrival.
- Obtains proper insurance and patient information, collects signatures and ensures accuracy and completion of necessary documentation.
- Verifies/ updates changes in patient/physician/insurance to ensure proper billing.
- Collects and logs all co-pays and fees.
- Answer/transfer incoming phone calls.
- Schedules, reschedules or cancels new or current patients, confirms appointments and notifies staff of changes when necessary.
- Enter accurate information in the system.
- Pre-registers, submits reports and documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment, and requests films as needed.
- Gives patients appropriate orientation for preparatory and safety protocols, and provides directions to facilities if needed.
- Responds to patient's minor questions and concerns, and refer to supervisor when necessary, in an expedient manner.
- Maintains awareness of temperament/mood of patients in lobby in order to ensure optimal service experience and curtail any frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of other patients.
- Communicates delays in appointments in a timely fashion and offers rescheduling in circumstances where delays could be significant.
- Coordinate with the back office staff for timely and effective care of patients.
- Obtain proper authorization and identification prior to release of confidential medical records.
- Use clerical skills (e.g. filing, organizing, process incoming mail etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
We offer competitive pay and full benefits including:
medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a pre-tax 401k plan, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education reimbursement, free life insurance, advancement opportunities, hands-on training, inter-company transfer opportunities, and a host of other perks!
Become a valued member of our growing company by submitting your resume.
We are looking for dependable and professional candidates for medical administrative assistant jobs at RadNet. Applicants must have a High School Diploma, at least 1 year of previous medical office experience, basic computer skills, the ability to multi-task, excellent customer service skills, and great communication skills! Medical terminology knowledge and recent medical/radiology office work experience is preferred.