OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
We are looking for results-oriented, driven individuals with a thirst for problem solving.
connect with us:
Administrative Services Officer 2
Waste Programs Division
At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
The Administrative Services Officer will provide support to the Emergency Response Unit (ERU) by performing administrative services including planning, communication, budgetary, accounting, purchasing, grant administration, travel arrangements and reimbursement, and other related functions.
- Administering the state Tier II reporting of hazardous chemicals; communicating to public on Tier II filing requirements; assisting customers with Tier II filing issues
- Administering the Emergency Response Fund Grant and EPA HMEP (Hazard Material Emergency Preparedness) Grant; Communications on the availability and restrictions of the grants
- Administrative duties including organizing and attending meetings
- Assist with administration of the AZ Emergency Response and Recovery Plan - Emergency Support Function
Do you think you have the combination of commitment, passion, and talent to help drive this Agency to realizing our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or other related field. Master's degree substitutes for 1 year of experience
- 2 years’ experience in budget analysis, accounting, data processing or resource allocation
- Comprehensive knowledge of, or the ability to learn, emergency response planning and processes, CERCLA Tier II requirements, reference materials such as federal regulations, Arizona Revised Statutes, funding mechanisms for grants and fee based finances; and the State's procurement portal and budget and expenditure tracking system
- Skills in interpersonal, written and verbal communication; critical thinking; organization; project prioritization and time management
Annual salary starts at $50,000 and can increase based on education and years of experience.
First review of resumes will occur on November 8, 2018. Recruitment will remain open until this position is filled.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
- A top-ranked retirement program with 100% employer matched contribution
- A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
- We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
- We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
Click APPLY NOW to submit your resume
Arizona State Government is an AA/EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Hired employees will be subject to E-Verify. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Bob Rivera, [email protected] Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Having trouble applying? Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance