MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
The Medical Billing QA Specialist is responsible for ensuring certain aspects of the accuracy of patient charge activity abstracted and coded by the certified coders as billable charges to the patient’s insurance plan or to the patient, if uninsured.
• Verifies accuracy of the physician procedure count to ensure all slips were coded by the Coder and validates that the number of cases charged agrees with the number of anesthesia cases for each physician, by date of service.
• Ensures the reconciliation process is performed timely and accurately to assure all rendered services are billed to the patients' insurance plan (or patient, if uninsured) accurately and with the necessary knowledge pertaining to the correct process for handling of uninsured patients.
• Performs other related reconciliation functions, such as ensuring the accuracy of the charge worksheet journal to the batch origination count and surgery schedule; initiates generation of the system concurrency reports; stores various documents used/created during the batch reconciliation process in the shared system file folder(s); and records batch charge totals on the MedSuite Balancing Log by client or site location.
Minimum Qualifications :
This position requires a high school diploma or GED and 3-5 years claims experience to include one year of data entry. An Associates degree is preferred. Years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Individual must have knowledge and experience using information management systems and word processing applications.
Individual must have computer skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently use basic office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, and shredder.
This position requires initiative, speed and the ability to prioritize tasks and have reasoning aptitude. Must be able to follow explicit instructions and be able to modify routine easily. Dependable attendance is required and must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a team oriented environment as well as must be flexible and adaptable to changes in processes and operations in order to meet ongoing business needs.
Prior related medical claims and data entry experience are strongly recommended for success in this position. Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to this role. Previous specialty practice exp. - (e.g. Anesthesia, Pain Mgmt or Surgery) preferred. Candidates with previous work history which includes: Hospital Pre-Auth, Pt. Registration &/or Billing or Insurance verification are encouraged to apply.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status