Founded in 1990, AFG Group, Inc. has successfully managed over $6 Billion of renovation and construction by offering a full range of program, project and construction management services to our clients. We support our clients from project planning, definition, design, construction, through commissioning, relocation, occupant move-in, and post-construction facility operations and maintenance.
We are recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Construction Management Firms by Engineering News Record. We are proud to have received multiple awards courtesy of CMAA, NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services, AIA, and ACEC of New York.
Join AFG and seriously enjoy your work.
AFG is looking to hire Project and Construction Managers proficient in facility design, project and construction management of Federal construction projects demonstrating progressively increasing skill and abilities.
Preferred candidates have USACE and DoD experience, as well as professional licenses/registrations. Multiple positions are open with duty stations in Denver, CO; Rock Island and Chicago, IL; Huntington, IN; Detroit, MI; Pittsburg, PA; Buffalo, NY; Cleveland, OH; and Nashville and Chattanooga, TN. Daily local travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management and minimum of five (5) years of practical construction project and construction management experience; or,
- Two years degree, Trade/Vocation School certification, or Journeyman, Master tradesman or General Contractor’s License in a building trade or craft and ten (10) years of practical construction inspection experience; or,
- High School Diploma and fifteen (15) years practical construction inspection experience in a building craft/trade.
- In-depth knowledge of construction practices and workmanship, including experience in proper uses of Construction Quality Management and Project Scheduling.
- In-depth experience in interpreting construction drawings and specification in construction projects.
- Participate in collection and analysis of data and preparation of satisfactory technical reporting.
- Develop plans, specifications and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multidiscipline projects.
- In-depth technical knowledge of problem resolution of technical problems that may include detailed technical work and general coordination of specific technical aspects of a project.
- Ability to provide some direction to A/E personnel in preparing technical drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Experience in preparing correspondence and maintain official construction site records using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability and experience to conduct inspections in Architectural/Structural/Civil/MEP of materials, workmanship, construction and installations.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the construction industry, including a background or familiarity with OSHA requirements for construction projects.
- Minimum OSHA 10-hour Construction Industry Outreach class.
- Ability of obtain HSPD-12 security clearance.
Relevant past project experience, to include:
- Projects performed within the last five (5) years in which the candidate has a significant role that demonstrates the person’s capabilities relevant to their role as a Project Manager or Construction Manager. Clearly identify role performed on each project.
Physical Demands & Environment
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Occasionally moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Occasionally remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Occasionally adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Low temperatures.
- High temperatures.
- Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Noisy environments.
- Hazardous conditions.
As an employee, you could be eligible for:
- Competitive Industry Pay commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Flex Time
- Bonus plans
- Professional Learning and Membership Incentives
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 100% Company-Paid Disability & Group Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with Employer Match
- New Parent Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
Qualified applicants at AFG Group, Inc. must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents and must meet client security requirements. Positions requiring security clearance are open to U.S. citizens only.
AFG Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction project management: 5 years (Required)
- DoD or USACE: 1 year (Preferred)
- OSHA 10 or above (Required)
Company's Facebook page: