Founded in 1977, Worley is a leader in providing innovative warehouse and supply chain solutions. Worley continues to change the 3PL industry expectation by executing with unprecedented service and unmatched innovation.
About this position:
Worley is seeking a Business Development Director with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to manage and grow our warehouse and distribution business. The Business Development Director will focus on expanding the Company’s pipeline with new warehousing opportunities and requires cold calling on potential clients to generate warehouse growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to expand warehousing and distribution services.
- Implement business strategies which align with the Company’s business direction.
- Develops and strengthens strategic 3PL business relationships with potential and existing customers, ensuring partnerships are executed successfully from start to finish.
- Act as a subject matter expert to establish credibility with prospects through an understanding of their business challenges and opportunities.
- Capitalize on value creation opportunities by working closely with the operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs.
- Works with senior management, operations, logistics and others to recommend sales and marketing strategies and programs.
- Identify and establish social media presence and website interactivity.
- Partner with the business units, operations and management to develop/facilitate the RFP process and work with implementation teams on projects to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Provide marketing support and knowledge within the company for all products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skills and/or work experience.
- Five years of business development experience with a proven track record of warehouse/distribution sales success.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, financial, project and people management skills.
- Average travel time approximately 25%
- Success in selling 3PL services to companies is a must.
- Experience in the food industry preferred.
- Operational warehouse/distribution experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental & Vision plans
- Life and Disability plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more
Our preference is to fill this position in the Midwest or Southeast. Candidates with strong credentials may have the ability to work from any location in the US.
To be considered for the position please submit a resume and cover letter at www.worleycompanies.com. Go to the Careers page link in the upper right corner of the screen.
Job Type: Full-time